April 27th, 2019
Today I had the opportunity to take part in something I had wanted to do for a long time but for some reason it never happened, a Boot Camp gym experience. Thanks to my friend and coach Samantha Medved (Michigan State University, Kinesiology)this finally occurred.
If I could give a facility and their fitness courses more than 5-Stars I would. Total Body Boot Camp is the bomb!
KABOOM! Welcome to the party, all are welcome!
Owned by a family team consisting of the Nelsons’s Dave (dad) Jakob (son) and their newest coach, the dynamic Samantha Medved this trifecta of knowledgeable caring people WILL MAKE a difference in their clients lives.
The facility is located on the west side of Lansing, 8741 West Saginaw, 48917, (Face Book page) this hybrid-gym has a model that is ready to rock the local fitness industry. The Nelson family team decided to make this dream of owning a fitness facility a reality, Total Body Boot Camp has arrived.
What a great Kick Boxing 🥊 crew today! 💪 If your looking for great trainers and facilities look no further than Total Body Boot Camp! www.totalbodybc.com Free 3 Class Trial.
Posted by Total Body Boot Camp on Saturday, April 27, 2019
With the crowded spaces that is the workout/gym/exercise world of facilities finding a niche like atmosphere that is effective is tough. In my opinion family is everything, and results happen when a group comes together in a belief and sense of connectedness. When you find a gym that makes you feel welcome, has inviting people, is supremely clean (this is a huge factor in the fitness facility industry) and has young knowledgeable staff like Jakob Nelson and Samantha Medved the right mix for success in your fitness goals can be achieved.
Generation Us is all about working with, listening to and learning from our young talent! Any growing older, ‘MiddleLiving’ person, woman or man should never diminish the ability of the younger coaches to make a difference. Take it from me, I know this personally!
Owner Dave Nelson puts this message out there that explains his beliefs.
“I can’t wait to be a part of something larger than myself, including assistance in weight loss and helping those to strive to meet their fitness goals. Dream of mine is to hear one of our members thank me for starting Total Body Boot camp!” Dave also says, “I love getting to know members on a more personal aspect, earn their respect and work hard to keep facility looking and functioning at peak performance.”
Dave Nelson Owner and Founder of ‘Total Body Bootcamp’.
Partner and son Jakob Nelson has tremendous energy. This young man has this true look in his eyes of caring and energy, education and a desire to fulfill the whole package of fitness and nutrition. This guy is the real deal and a winner. Everyone made me feel welcome and part of the family!
“Fitness has been a huge part of my life since I could remember. I was a 3 sport athlete in high school, and carried 1 of those sports into college. While in college at GVSU (Grand Valley State University) I was a health and fitness exercise science major. I took what I learned and ran with it. Currently I am a ISSA certified personal trainer, I have trained countless of clients and enjoyed every second of it! Having the ability to change someone life for the better is something I hope to be able to bring to the Grand Ledge area! I look forward to working hard and to being apart of the community!”
There are several reasons you should look to niche hybrid facilities like Total Body Boot Camp if you are considering stepping up your fitness and quality of life. Group fitness is the way, here are five reasons-
- Expert guidance with no guesswork- One of the main reasons people are drawn to group fitness is the expert guidance they receive from certified instructors.
- Accountability to create a workout routine – The fact that group fitness classes occur on a set day and time works wonders with creating structure around physical activity, even for people who struggle with workout consistency.
- Social support and so much more- The feeling of being part of something bigger and the camaraderie forged in group fitness classes is something that quite simply can’t be replicated. Group fitness classes exude positivity, and serve as a welcome invitation for people of all different ages, backgrounds, and ability levels to come together in one inclusive experience to move with passion and intention, all without judgement or expectation.
- Explore movement in a new way- If you find yourself stuck in a fitness rut, group fitness can be a perfect option for adding variety to your routine, while also ensuring a well-rounded approach to exercise.
- Fitness and fun rolled into one- Hands down one of the most commonly cited reasons people choose to attend group fitness classes is because of the fun factor. Group fitness classes prove the old saying “no pain, no gain,” couldn’t be further from the truth.
Can you say “ ROPE WARRIORS”? 💪💪💪 Come get some at Total Body Boot Camp! www.totalbodybc.com FREE 3 Class Trial…..DO IT!
Posted by Total Body Boot Camp on Thursday, April 25, 2019
Between the two classes I just attended, the ‘Cardio Kickboxing’ (never done before, super fun and challenging) led by Jakob and demonstrated by Samantha, and the ‘Butts & Guts’ class (led by Samantha, which smoked my hip flexors) in one hour I crushed almost 1,000 calories. I keep track of this stuff gang, that is the truth!
Thanks again to my pal and coach Samantha Medved for suggesting this morning workout. I enjoyed the heck out of it, needed to experience something different and was not disappointed. You won’t be either, give em a look at their website for more information.