This weeks topic jumps into the subject of body weight exercises. I will be listing out seven exercises that I do religiously, exercises that will get you the results that will put you closer to that fountain of youth.
Yes I said fountain of youth, please read on.
Body weight movements can be done virtually anywhere at really anytime, and never forget what I have stated in the past, that a small amount of time adds up to a full session. Most of these exercises can be done in for the most part less than 1 minute intervals, and that one minute is 100% better than nothing, make sense doesn’t it?
In addition it is all about form, posture and pace, remember motion is lotion. Isometric exercises, holding your body in a static state, can also be very beneficial
The order that these movements appear in the following list are just random, I do them all and love everyone, ok so here you go
- Pull ups-one of the toughest exercises, however so love them, it’s worth the effort, start slow, maybe with a band over the bar and possibly get kneeling assistance, and gradually work your way up
- Push up- everyone know a push-up right, do you do them slowly and controlled, elbows in close to your body and do you do a full rep, not some half ass effort? Well if you don’t then think about this, efficiency is the key to working out, why waste time and energy
- Plank-now if you don’t know the plank, go and make her acquaintance, 1 minute sets, but hold your butt really tight,
- Squat- another classic that people avoid, again think efficiency, you only have soo much time, right
- Lunges- technique, the deeper the better, full body and if you get bored add weights to you workout and incorporate curls and or shoulder presses
- BOSU ball balance and BOSU push up, these take time to work up too, again technique, technique
- Finally I like to call these finishers-spit jumps with dumbbells, ( I use 30lbs and they work perfect for me.
Those exercises are the best of the best, and it you can run through this twice in a session well cool for you.
As I always say I really appreciate you reading this.
If you have any questions, thoughts or issues that you would like me to comment on please just drop me an email at Tom@grtfitness
Thanks again, I really appreciate your time reading and watching our videos,
“The secret of achievement is to hold a picture of a successful outcome in mind.”
Henry David Thoreau