If I had to draw an analogy to Todd’s intensity I think a sixteen cylinder tank engine might get close, nope, how about a Saturn 5 booster rocket, yeah that’s more like it, can you say BRING IT!
After about sixteen emails, (I hope Julie does not think we are crazy), two months of prep, trying to nail Todd down for a whole hour, well it was worth all of the prep time, inspired, yeah you could say that.
The founder and owner of FitnessQuest 10, author of what I think will be a best seller “The Impact Body Plan”, television and radio celebrity with such shows such as 60 Minutes, ESPN, The NFL Network, Sports Illustrated, the New York Times and Todd’s popular ezine “The TD TIMES, plus contributor to his own websites FitnessQuest10 and ToddDurkin.com, 35 speaking engagements nationally as a keynote speaker, for just starters, you could say this man is busy.
And by the way the really important stuff father of three, (ages 8,6 and 3), and of course his wife Melanie, Todd really does it all.
So for Trainer T to interview and share stories with TD, well you could say AWESOME!
So what did TD have to say? I did my best to get the notes, however the guy moves so fast lets say my pencil was on fire, geez, follow this let’s do bullets to keep this blog under 2,000 words.
- Get Strong, eat right, live inspired (love it)
- Set the BeHAG’s, (big, hairy, audacious, goals)
- Lean muscle and body fat is more important than weight
- Sedentary boomers should not worry so much about equipment, just move your body weight and get moving, period!
- The power of social networks, yes Twitter , Facebook and FitnessQuest10 Youtube broadcasts
- BOSU, TRX, Superbands, Foamrollers, kettlebells and functional fitness
- And of course, “Train the Joe’s like the Pro’s”, Todds overarching philosophy at Fitness Quest 10 where everyone is welcome, especially Boomers!
Todd is a regular guy who has authored over 35 DVD’s on strength and conditioning, yeah ok just regular, superman regular!. I personally love the BOSU DVD, “XPLODE”, where TD does the ” Burn-Power Core” workout. Done it a bunch and still go back to my lab, (er basement gym), when I need a quick killer workout.
I had so many people compliment the show and Todd’s advice it was just fantastic. Here are a few more bullets on TD’s advice.
- Weight training is critical, (especially for us boomers)
- Control what you can control and don’t sweat the little stuff
- Make great choices in your life
- Read the book, “The Power of Attitude”
- Check out the website, “Simple Truths”, for inspiration
- Build a strong foundation Boomers, body weight exercises work great
Todd has built an accomadating outstanding facility with FitnessQuest10, (started in January of 2000 as a small studio), and now has grown to 35 very educated employees who are ready to help you accomplish your goals. Reviews say it is THE best gym in the SanDiego area, I have no doubt. Included in the arsenal of services are-
There really is so much more, however blogging has un-written rules, like keep it short, however one last thing, if you find a better guy than TD, he is single and so are you, Marry him!
As I always close the show here we go-
Love your life, because before you can share love with others you must love yourself first!
Sign up for updates and get our free e-book “Great Fitness”