‘How the Best Parents Learn to Let Go So Their Children Can Succeed’
Jessica Lahey – Episode 696
Slaying Dragons-If raising our kids was that easy!
- The trajectory of parenting today into “overparenting” is dangerous and worrisome
- Propping up kids self confidence and telling them how wonderful they are has done children a serious disservice
- Kids today are more anxious, less interested in taking risks, less interested in learning, and less interested in being brave.
- Lots of kids today feel confident about their abilities – but don’t at all feel competent. They don’t have any experience trying and screwing things up and learning how to do things better.
- Confidence doesn’t go very far in the classroom.
- There has been a big drop-off in interest in learning, motivation for learning, and self awareness – all because of the self esteem movement
- Today – we live in a world of “empty, optimistic confidence”
Please listen to the ‘Tom Matt Show’, episode 43, season 8 syndicated all over Michigan on the Michigan Talk Network, Michigan State Universities 105.1 FM and AM 870 WKARthe Spartan Sports Network SSN/24-7 website (get the app Spartan Fans), and of course ITunes (please leave us a review, it really helps the ‘Algorithm’ ) broadcast on Aug 16th, 2019 below-
And, a shameless plug- Please go grab your copy of our new book ‘Generation Us-Living, Loving, Learning, Building Benevolent Togetherness’ because together we all make a difference.
Thank you and love you all for supporting our dream!