The ‘Buckets’ in Your Life
Dr. Tony Avellino – Episode 674
Why listen to this episode-
- Dr. Avellino, is a highly regarded pediatric neurosurgeon. Tony built his career caring for young people and their families, including a deliberate focus on creating support and systems that emphasize health and wellness. Tony is the ‘Man’!
- An UltraMarathon Man, Tony runs his run! Being ‘Da-Man’ takes work. This keeps Tony connected to his work, life and family. You gotta find the time to find joy.
- Tony is the Assistant Provost for Student Wellness, Health and Safety, and chief medical officer for the MSU HealthTeam. Tony cares about students and faculty staff equally.
- Let’s erase the ‘Stigma’ of Mental Health and embrace how effective and good therapy can be
- What is ‘Deep Practice’?
- Finding answers to challenging questions, Tony never shies away from a challenge.
- Tony’s objectives include-
- Maintaining a high performance, both physical and mental in a high-functioning and stressful environment
- How we can differentiate between endurance and burnout
- How a better work/life/balance leads to a healthier, more purposeful and peaceful life
- Performance = Skill – Interference
- The Pupil always surpasses the master!
- TACTICS–Take time for yourself and lead a peaceful life/Always eat healthy, exercise and sleep/Continually self-improve and remain coachable/Treasure family and friends/ I choose the day I have/ Control disappointments and respond positively/Smile and laugh
Please listen to Tom Matt’s ‘Boomers Rock’ radio talk show, show 21, season 8 syndicated all over Michigan on the Michigan Talk Network, Michigan State Universities 105.1 FM and AM 870 WKAR the Spartan Sports Network SSN/24-7 website (get the app Spartan Fans), and of course ITunes (please leave us a review, it really helps the ‘Algorithm’ ) broadcast on March 16th, 2019 below-
And, a shameless plug- Please go grab your copy of our new book ‘Generation Us-Living, Loving, Learning, Building Benevolent Togetherness’ because together we all make a difference.
Thank you and love you all for supporting our dream!