Kerry Hannon is a dynamo who cares about helping people in our demographics. With her emphasis in ‘work’, she gives us plenty to think about and her newest book, “Love Your Job: The New Rules for Career Happiness”, and we discuss this at length.
Our BRL (Boomers Rock Local) guest is our pal Sandy Parker owner of On the Path Yoga in Spring Lake always has a ton of energy and positivity. Our conversation revolves around the energizing effect of giving back to you. Something we don’t do enough of in this high speed life that is the 21st century.
Kerry has an acronym HOVER which means hope, optimism, value, and enthusiasm, resilience as it relates to your job and work in general. It is a known fact that living with quality and happiness is dependent on connectedness. Work and a sense of purpose do this. Listen as Kerry will get you thinking about the correct mindset.
Breathing is a key to what Sandy Parker will describe to us that is easy to accomplish that can energize you and your day. Meditation and taking control of our lives can help us calm our breath. Having a discerning eye with your daily activities is another easy way to become what we desire.
In this week’s episode we discuss-
- Develop new habits that bring more purpose into every single workday
- Rekindle your hope and motivation by celebrating small successes
- Recognize negative patterns that keep you from enjoying your job
- Craft an entrepreneurial attitude that will get you noticed and enrich your work life
- We all deserve to experience happiness in our work
- Love Your Jobis all about the routines
- We are ultimately what we think of
- Belly breathing, shallow breathing, and your diaphragm
- Life is a journey, and embrace mindfulness
- Clarity of vision for the future
Listen to Tom Matt’s ‘Boomers Rock’ Radio Talk Show season 4 episode 30 below