Derek Sivers is one of the coolest guys ever, and I talk to a lot of people! This is from his website titled, “me in 10 seconds”
Programmer, writer, entrepreneur, avid student of life. I make useful things, and share what I learn. I’m a musician, programmer, writer, entrepreneur, and student — though not in that order. I’m fascinated with the usable psychology of self-improvement, business, philosophy, and intercultural relativism. I love seeing a different point of view.
- Total introvert (INTJ). I thrive in solitude.
- I prefer givingto getting.
- California native. I now livein New Zealand, Singapore, and Belgium.
- Deeply happy and anti-drama, my favorite fable is 塞翁失马.
- CURRENT UPDATE: Here’s what I’m doing now.
Being pals with Seth Godin is cool. Derek is a big fan of Dr. Carol Dweck and her book ‘Mindset’, I to have had my fun with that book and it is maybe what makes talking to Derek so interesting.
Please listen as we discuss-
- Why passion is overrated and educates me on the topic
- Plasticity, what, why and yes you do need to know about this
- What the heck is ‘career capital’
- Cal Newport’s book ‘So Good They Can’t Ignore You’ (yes I did buy and read, excellent)!
- Immersed in culture
- And a lot, lot more!
Listen to Tom Matt’s ‘Boomers Rock’ Radio Talk Show season 4 episode 51 below ( 10/10/2015)