Season 4 Episode 14, January 24, 2015
Hosted by Tom Matt
Nearly 90 percent of people 65 and older would like to age in place, and 80 percent believe that their current residence is where they will always live. Time to find experts who can enable us to achieve these goals. Please welcome Certified Aging in Place Specialist and Architect Aaron Murphy followed by our Grand Haven Boomers Rock Local guest mass transportation expert Denny Swartout.
Aaron shares his unique perspective that reaches back to his childhood and his aging grandmother. His desire to help others achieve an independent life through retrofitting and upgrading their homes was conceived when his grandmother suffered through Alzheimer’s and Osteoporosis. Through just a few modifications to your existing home you can become one of the 90 percent who will age in your own home.
Aaron has the knowledge and the stats to validate your dreams of independence.
Denny Swartout is just a really cool guy, who has had his own set of transitional jobs and careers and now finds himself the marketing guru for Harbor Transit, which serves all of the Tri-Cities, including the City of Grand Haven, the Village of Spring Lake, the City of Ferrysburg, Grand Haven Township and Spring Lake Township. Deny served the local political scene for over twenty years, was the Director of the Tri-Cities Historical Museum and owned his own Marketing and PR firm, staying active is in his DNA!
Between these two experts you will receive enough ideas that it will not be if I will age in place, but it will be how great my life will be when I do!
In this week’s episode we discuss-
- How much can I save staying in my home
- What is the cost difference in an assisted living and aging in place
- What small changes are easy to make in my home
- What is the new 1/3rd of my life
- Safety is the key to staying in my home
- Harbor Transit, costs and examples
- How many people utilize Harbor Transit’s services
- Senior citizens, staying mobile and connected
- Don’t be afraid to call Harbor Transit for information, 616-842-3200
- Destinations and pickup services
Listen to Tom Matt’s “Boomers Rock” Radio Talk Show Season 4 Episode 14 below…
Host and Founder of Boomers Rock Media