The Making of an Indie Film Phenomenon
Steven Simpson – Episode 655
I love these kind of stories!
Why listen to this episode, from book to screen-
- For 20 years since this novel was published, film producers had been trying to turn this story into a movie, filmmaker Steven Simpson did
- The success of Scottish director, Steven Lewis Simpson’s adaptation of best-selling novel, Neither Wolf Nor Dog, defies logic—Hollywood logic that is.
- It was audience financed with 18 shoot days, a tiny crew, a 95-year-old star and a self-distributed release that started in small towns
and is outperforming Hollywood blockbusters in numerous multiplexes.
- It has a higher audience score on Rotten Tomatoes than any big Hollywood movie out at the moment; 4.7/5 – 95%.
- The film has had a longer theatrical run than any other US film released in the past decade.
- It has become the most popular non-Hollywood Native American film in years.
Please listen to Tom Matt’s ‘Boomers Rock’ radio talk show, show 2, season 8 syndicated all over Michigan on the Michigan Talk Network, Michigan State Universities 105.1 FM and AM 870 WKAR the Spartan Sports Network SSN/24-7 website (get the app Spartan Fans), and of course ITunes (please leave us a review, it really helps the ‘Algorithm’ ) broadcast on October 27th, 2018 below-