Season 4 Episode 33, June 6th, 2015
If you plan on living to 100 with QOL then you better prepare yourself to keep working. Because it is the easiest way to stay engaged with society and have some kind of transitional existence. Craig Culver, one of our newest and coolest friends will share his plan to encourage, even seek out older adults and work.
Our Boomers Rock local guest is one of the team of new owners of the Grand Haven bookstore the ‘Bookman’, Dianne Steggerda, and she brings a new spin on a GH bookstore. We are thrilled to have Dianne and the Bookman with us in our family!
Craig Culver is another new family member and what a debut he makes! Craig’s story of growing up in the restaurant business with his parents George and Ruth Culver, along with brother Curt and sister Georgia is energizing and full of twists and turns. Craig is an engaging and funny guy who loves people and it shows in his success,not only with his team and franchisees, (all 543 locations and growing), but his loyal customers. Craig’s secret is ‘taking care of your people’, by hiring great employees and staff!
The Bookman Bookstore is a passion that is built among a team of friends, including
- Alexa McGuinnes-Currently teaching English at Reese Puffer
- Sharon Tanis-ReFired, title researcher for property survey company originally from GH
- Dick Tanis-ReFired, former engineer, and now a busy volunteer as well as working with the day to day infrastructure at the Bookman
In this week’s episode we discuss-
- Being lucky enough to find your passion
- Multigenerational business
- The Culvers learning experience
- Being nervous about your transitional life
- Earning it, never being entitled
- The Culvers mindset
- A community of readers
- What is a town without a bookstore?
- A legacy business
- Having a sense of purpose
Listen to Tom Matt’s ‘Boomers Rock’ Radio Talk Show season 4 episode 33 below